The Huffington Post is reporting that more than 200,000 laid-off workers will prematurely lose their unemployment benefits this week because the US Senate has not been able to extend provisions of last year’s stimulus bill, according to an analysis by the National Employment Law Project.
This will come to a tremendous blow to those that count on UI (Unemployment Insurance) to make ends meet during their time of career transition. If you are on UI, it might be a good time to check with your local workforce agency to make sure that you are not one of those that will be affected. If you are going to be affected by this, you are not alone. ILostMyJob.com is here to help you!
There are a couple of things that you can do…
1. Write to your local congressmen and senators to let them know how much you count on UI to help you and your family. To find your local US Congressmen’s contact information, visit: http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml. For a list of US Senators and their contact information, visit: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm.
2. Watch Jill Konrath’s interview entitled “Get Bach to Work Faster” at http://www.ilostmyjob.com/getbacktoworkfaster and revamp your job search strategies!
3. Email your career-search questions to the CareerDoctor at ILostMyJob.com.
4. Register for Mary Elizabeth Bradford’s FREE Webinar: How to Land More Interviews, Secure Bigger Salaries and Take Control of Your Job Search Once & For All
- When: Wed. March 17, 1pm ET, 12pm CT, 11am MT, 10am PT
- Presenter: Mary Elizabeth Bradford, The Career Artisan
- Register: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/151381459
Are you like so many professionals who are totally frustrated with the poor results you’re getting using internet job boards? That’s because you don’t know about how to access the hidden job market. It’s so much more than just networking.
In this very important session with career expert Mary Elizabeth Bradford, you’ll discover how to:
- Connect directly with hiring managers-and avoid HR & other gatekeepers.
- Change industries – even when you don’t have the “right” experience.
- Identify your best target market, either locally, in another city or even a different state.
- Find really good job opportunities that are not advertised, but actually do exist.
- Deal with potential barriers (age, job history, qualifications) to getting your ideal job.
- …and much more!
Make sure you sign up for webinar right now.
Even if you’re busy, sign up. You can always listen in at a later time. We’ll send you the link as soon as it’s ready for prime time.
Our mission at ILostMyJob.com is to do good for people who have lost their jobs, are involuntarily unemployed, and/or are taking steps to getting back to productive employment. Our objective is to provide useful content and website features that promote successful recovery after job loss and/or unemployment.